Picture Keeper and Picture Keeper Connect share the same software to back up your computer, but Picture Keeper Connect can also back up your iOS and Android mobile devices. Below, we'll cover the differences in more detail.
Each Picture Keeper is a wonderfully clever pairing of a USB drive and a piece of marvelously well designed proprietary software. The unique software transforms the drive into a dedicated digital image safety deposit box while fully automating its functionality. It makes copying and saving your irreplaceable digital memories a breeze, even for those who know nothing about uploading, downloading, file structures and the like. Yet, each Picture Keeper also contains powerful features that can transform it into field storage for a professional photographer just interested in pulling newly created RAW photo files off a laptop after a days shoot. A comprehensive guarantee and a dedicated team back each Picture Keeper should you ever need to have a question answered. Simple security.
Here are the highlights:
- Searches your computer for pictures and identifies duplicates to skip with the push of a button.
- Saves your pictures to the Picture Keeper drive in the exact same file structure as they are saved in on your computer.
- When one drive is full, the next one automatically knows to pick up where the first one left off.
- Skipped duplicates report available to be printed if you would like to locate the duplicates on your computer for deletion.
- Able to view and/or delete pictures after backup complete.
- Drive comes with both Mac and Windows software so you can use it interchangeably.
- Free software updates to include new features for the lifetime of you product
Picture Keeper is compatible with most modern Windows and Mac computers. Will Picture Keeper Work on My Computer?
Picture Keeper Connect
Our Picture Keeper Connect is a dual-purpose backup device. It has all the same features as our legacy Picture Keeper, but can also be used to back up photos and videos from your mobile devices.
The PK Connect drive and app are compatible with most modern Apple and Android phones and tablets. Check this list of compatible devices. (Not all devices are listed).
Apple (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad):
Works on iPhone 5 and above. Must have iOS 10 or higher. Plugs directly in to the small "lightning" power port to download the photos.
Download the free app from the App Store.
Android (phones and tablets):
Must have the Android OS 4.1 or higher
Must have the OTG (On-The-Go) software/hardware*.
Plugs in to the micro-USB or USB Type-C port**.
*If you are unsure if your device has OTG, please contact your Service Provider. They should be able to easily provide you with this information.
**Android devices with a USB Type-C port require an adapter like our Keeper Converter.
Download the free app from the Google Play Store.
If you need any additional assistance, please contact Picture Keeper Support.